Sneezing in Cats
Symptoms, Causes & Natural Remedies
Sneezing in cats can be a common occurrence and can be caused by a variety of factors. It is important to understand the symptoms, causes, and natural treatments available for sneezing in cats to ensure the health and well-being of your furry friend. This guide will help you best decipher how to help your sneezing cat.
Sneezing in cats is often accompanied by other symptoms that may help identify the underlying cause of the sneezing. These symptoms can include:
- Watery or runny eyes
- Nasal discharge or congestion
- Coughing or wheezing
- Lethargy or loss of appetite
- Swelling of the face or paws
If you notice any of these symptoms in your cat, click here to reference the respiratory infections guide.
There are many different causes of sneezing in cats, including:
- Allergies: Cats can be allergic to a variety of things, including pollen, dust, and certain foods. These allergies can cause sneezing, as well as other symptoms such as itching and skin irritation.
- Viral infections: Cats can contract a variety of viral infections, including feline herpes virus and feline calicivirus, which can cause sneezing, coughing, and nasal discharge.
- Bacterial infections: Bacterial infections can also cause sneezing in cats. These infections can be caused by a variety of bacteria, including Mycoplasma and Chlamydia.
- Foreign bodies: Cats can inhale foreign objects, such as dust or grass, which can cause sneezing and other respiratory symptoms.
- Dental problems: Dental problems can cause sneezing if there is an infection or inflammation in the nasal passages.
There are several natural treatments that can be used to help alleviate sneezing in cats. These treatments include:
- Steam therapy: Placing your cat in a steamy bathroom or using a humidifier can help relieve congestion and reduce sneezing.
- Clean air: Keeping your cat’s environment clean and free of dust and other allergens can help reduce sneezing.
- Vitamin C: Supplementing your cat’s diet with vitamin C can help boost their immune system and reduce the severity of sneezing caused by allergies or infections.
- Herbal remedies: Certain herbs, such as echinacea and goldenseal, can help boost the immune system and reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract.
Sneezing in cats can be caused by a variety of factors, including allergies, viral or bacterial infections, foreign bodies, and dental problems. Natural treatments, such as steam therapy, clean air, vitamin C, and herbal remedies, can help alleviate sneezing and improve your cat’s overall health and well-being. Be sure to contact your vet if your cat is sneezing frequently.
Recommended Product for Sneezing
Oxy-Cat – 2 oz
Oxy-Cat is perhaps our most multifaceted product. Used internally, this easy-to-add liquid contains powerful anti-viral and anti-fungal properties and balances the pH levels of stomach acid in our friendly felines. It also oxidizes and cleanses toxins and free radicals without harming the beneficial flora of the gut. Used topically, this pawsome formula fights parasites and heals wounds. Used in a vaporizer, Oxy-Cat will provide respiratory support, breaking up congestion in the chest. It’s a must-have for every kitty household!
Size: 2 ounces
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
- Digestive Health
- Respiratory Support
- Ear mites
- Feline Herpes
- Chin Acne
- Dental Support
- Oxalate Stones/Crystals
- Rashes, Cuts, Abrasions
- pH Balance
- And Much More!
In stock (can be backordered)