Respiratory Infections in Cats
Symptoms, Causes & Natural Remedies
Respiratory infections are common in cats and can be caused by a variety of viruses and bacteria. These infections can range from mild to severe and can be easily transmitted from one cat to another. In this guide, we will discuss the symptoms, causes, and natural remedies for respiratory infections in cats.
The symptoms of respiratory infections in cats can vary depending on the severity of the infection. Some common symptoms include:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty breathing
There are many different viruses and bacteria that can cause respiratory infections in cats. Some common causes include:
- Feline herpes virus: This virus is highly contagious and is one of the most common causes of respiratory infections in cats.
- Feline calicivirus: This virus is also highly contagious and can cause mild to severe respiratory infections in cats.
- Bordetella bronchiseptica: This bacterium is a common cause of respiratory infections in dogs but can also infect cats.
- Chlamydophila felis: This bacterium can cause conjunctivitis and respiratory infections in cats.
- Streptococcus: This bacterium can cause severe respiratory infections in cats.
While some respiratory infections in cats can be serious, there are some natural remedies that can help to alleviate symptoms and support the immune system. Some of these remedies include:
- Anti-viral supplements: Because most respiratory infections are both viral and bacterial in nature, treating the problem with only antibiotics often doesn’t resolve the infection. Vira-X is a natural anti-viral & anti-bacterial supplement that won’t harm the health of the gut like traditional medications do.
- L-Lysine: This amino acid has been shown to be effective in reducing the severity and duration of feline herpes virus infections.
- Echinacea: This herb is known for its immune-boosting properties and can help to support the immune system during respiratory infections.
- Vitamin C: This antioxidant can help to boost the immune system and reduce inflammation in cats with respiratory infections.
- Steam therapy: Steam therapy can help to relieve congestion in cats with respiratory infections. You can place your cat in a bathroom with the shower running hot water or use a humidifier in the room where your cat spends most of their time.
Respiratory infections in cats can be caused by a variety of viruses and bacteria and can be easily transmitted from one cat to another. If you’re struggling to help your cat recover from an upper respiratory infection, try some of these natural treatments and see how they can help!
Recommended Product for Respiratory Infections
Vira-X Anti-Viral Cat Supplement
Vira-X provides powerful anti-viral support for cats of all ages. This formula is a super-potent proprietary blend that attacks viral infections at their source. Vira-X uses lysozymes, a natural protective enzyme, that breaks through the cell walls of pathogens and helps eliminate the invasive infection at its core!
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
- FeLV Positive Cats
- Cold and Flu Virus
- Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis (Herpesvirus)
- Feline Calicivirus
- Feline Panleukopenia Virus (Distemper)
- Chronic Upper Respiratory Infections
- And Much More!
In stock (can be backordered)
You Might Also Be Interested In ...
Holiday season is approaching and this is the time of year where air freshener sales skyrocket. We...
Tis the season. Your kitty's suffering from some type of respiratory problem and you don't know...
Right now seems to be feline flu season. We've had an influx of cat parents contacting us for help...