Causes & Natural Remedies
Greasy, matted or dull cat fur is typically a result of a larger medical or nutritional issue. Cats typically groom themselves very well, keeping their coat clean. However, if there is an underlying health issue they may not be able to groom themselves properly.
Causes of Greasy, Matted Fur in Cats
Some reasons why your cat may have a greasy matted coat include:
- Poor quality diet made with highly processed ingredients that lead to gastrointestinal issues
- Lack of grooming due to obesity, arthritis, dental disease, or depression
- Primary seborrhea
- Skin allergies
- Food sensitivities
Natural Treatments for Greasy, Matted Fur in Cats
If your cat’s coat is dull, greasy, and/or matted, the first step is to get to the veterinarian and have them checked for illness. A full blood panel, coupled with a full thyroid panel should give you a better idea of your cat’s overall health.
If the blood panel checks out fine, feeding a species appropriate diet and adding in nutritional supplemental support is a great way to support the coat.
- Feed a species appropriate balanced raw or gently cooked diet that is high in quality protein (if your cat refuses this food, start with a high quality wet food).
- Add in antioxidant rich supplements. Superoxide Dismutase, vitamin C, omega 3 fatty acids and digestive enzymes can all help aid in skin care for cats.
- Organic, unrefined coconut oil is also a great addition to both the diet and the skin.
- Use organic cat shampoo to bathe your cat (organic dry shampoos are also available)
- Brush your cat regularly. Cats that have a harder time grooming need our assistance.
- Take your kitty to a certified feline groomer. They can help remove mats and get your cat back on track to better coat health.
- If your vet has told you that this is an allergy or food sensitivity, click here to get distant allergy testing through energetics.
Recommended Product for Cat Skin Health
CATalyst Antioxidant Enzyme Formula – 2 oz
An all-in-one, Grade-A supplement that helps support your cat’s joint function, immune system, digestive health, kidney health, skin & coat as well as free radical reduction. Our powerful Liquid Antioxidant Formula helps optimize the whole health of your fine feline very quickly!
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Key Ingredients: Lipase, Amylase, Catalase, Protease & Superoxide Dismutase
2-4 month supply – depending on cat weight & bottle size purchased.
- Joint Support
- Immunity Support
- Digestive Health
- Shedding / Skin & Coat
- Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome
- And Much More!
In stock (can be backordered)