Shedding in Cats
Symptoms, Causes & Natural Remedies
Shedding is a normal process in which cats lose their old or damaged hair to make way for new hair growth. While it is a natural process, excessive shedding is not normal & can indicate underlying health problems or environmental factors that may need to be addressed. In this guide, we will discuss the natural remedies for shedding in cats.
Symptoms of Excessive Shedding in Cats
Cats naturally shed their fur, but if you notice that your cat is shedding more than usual, there may be an underlying issue. Here are some common symptoms of excessive shedding in cats:
- Bald patches on the skin
- Flaky or irritated skin
- Excessive itching or licking of the skin
- Hairballs in the vomit or feces
- Dull or thinning coat
- Red or irritated skin
- Skin infections or hot spots
Causes of Excessive Shedding in Cats
There are several causes of excessive shedding in cats. Some of the most common causes include:
- Poor diet: Cats that are not getting the proper nutrients from their diet may experience excessive shedding.
- Stress: Cats that are stressed or anxious may shed more than usual.
- Seasonal changes: Cats may shed more in the spring and fall when they are shedding their winter or summer coat.
- Allergies: Cats may be allergic to certain foods, environmental factors, or parasites, which can cause excessive shedding.
- Skin infections or parasites: Fleas, ticks, and other parasites can cause excessive shedding in cats. Skin infections can also cause excessive shedding.
Natural Treatments for Shedding in Cats
There are several natural treatments that can help reduce shedding in cats. Here are some of the most effective natural treatments:
- Proper diet: Feeding your cat a high-quality diet that is rich in protein and void of fillers, preservatives and rendered ingredients can help reduce shedding.
- Regular grooming: Regular brushing can help remove loose hair from your cat’s coat, which can help reduce shedding. Use a brush or comb to gently remove loose hair from your cat’s undercoat.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Adding omega-3 fatty acids to your cat’s diet can help improve their coat health and reduce shedding. You can find omega-3 fatty acids in marine oil supplements or in certain foods like sardines.
- Natural skin strengthening supplements: CATalyst Antioxidant Enzyme Formula for Cats has proven to be one of the best natural ways to help reduce shedding in cats. Just add the liquid supplement to your cats daily moist food.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel can help soothe irritated or inflamed skin, which can reduce shedding. Apply a small amount of aloe vera gel to your cat’s skin.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile tea can help soothe irritated skin and reduce shedding. Brew a cup of chamomile tea, let it cool, and then use a soft cloth to apply it to your cat’s skin.
Shedding is a normal process in cats, but excessive shedding can indicate an underlying health issue or environmental factor. There are several natural remedies that can help reduce shedding in cats, including regular grooming, a proper diet and natural supplements. With the right care and attention, you can help keep your cat’s coat healthy and reduce excessive shedding.
Recommended Product for Shedding
CATalyst Antioxidant Enzyme Formula – 2 oz
An all-in-one, Grade-A supplement that helps support your cat’s joint function, immune system, digestive health, kidney health, skin & coat as well as free radical reduction. Our powerful Liquid Antioxidant Formula helps optimize the whole health of your fine feline very quickly!
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Key Ingredients: Lipase, Amylase, Catalase, Protease & Superoxide Dismutase
2-4 month supply – depending on cat weight & bottle size purchased.
- Joint Support
- Immunity Support
- Digestive Health
- Shedding / Skin & Coat
- Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome
- And Much More!
In stock (can be backordered)