Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome
Symptoms, Causes & Natural Remedies
Feline hyperesthesia syndrome (FHS), also known as “rolling skin syndrome,” somewhat rare disorder. It seems to mainly affect middle-aged cats, and the onset of FHS appears out of the blue.
FHS is characterized by a sudden onset of bizarre behavior, which often includes excessive grooming, aggressive behavior, chasing or biting the tail and episodes of running or leaping as if something is attacking them. These behaviors can be very distressing for both the cat and the cat parent. In this guide, we will explore the link between both environmental & nutritional stressors and feline hyperesthesia, and we’ll discuss natural treatments.
The symptoms of feline hyperesthesia syndrome can vary, but some of the most common ones include:
- Excessive grooming: Cats with FHS may groom themselves excessively, causing hair loss and skin irritation (usually toward the back end).
- Aggressive behavior: Cats with FHS may become aggressive towards their owners or other animals when in heightened state.
- Twitching or rippling skin: FHS can cause a cat’s skin to twitch, roll or ripple, often in response to touch or sound.
- Running or leaping: FHS can cause a cat to suddenly run or leap, as if something is attacking them.
- Dilated pupils: Cats with FHS may have dilated pupils, indicating increased arousal.
The exact cause of feline hyperesthesia syndrome is unknown, but it is believed to be related to both environmental and nutritional stressors. Possible causes include:
- Environmental stressors: Cats that are exposed to environmental stressors, such as toxins, consistent loud noises or changes in their living environment, may be more susceptible to developing FHS.
- Nutritional stressors: Feeding your cat a diet that is high in carbohydrates (kibble) and other unnecessary ingredients creates inflammation in their body, which may contribute to the development of FHS.
- Trauma: Some cats may develop FHS after experiencing trauma, such as being hit by a car or falling from a high place.
- Genetics: FHS may be inherited in some cases.
- Medical conditions: FHS may be associated with underlying medical conditions, such as epilepsy or allergies.
While there’s no cure for feline hyperesthesia syndrome, there are several natural remedies that can help manage the symptoms. These include:
- Environmental enrichment: Providing your cat with plenty of toys, mental stimulation and exercise can help reduce stress and provide a distraction from FHS symptoms.
- Nutritional support: Feeding your cat a balanced, species appropriate diet that is rich in essential nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B6, can help reduce inflammation and improve brain function, which can be beneficial for cats with FHS.
- Herbal remedies: Some herbs, such as chamomile and valerian root, have calming properties that can help reduce FHS symptoms.
- Massage and acupuncture: Massage and acupuncture can help relax your cat and reduce stress, which may help alleviate FHS symptoms.
- Supplements: Some supplements, such as natural calming formulas, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B6, may help reduce inflammation and improve overall health, which can be beneficial for cats with FHS.
Feline hyperesthesia syndrome is a challenging condition that can be distressing for both cats and their owners. While the exact cause of FHS is unknown, it is believed to be related to both environmental and nutritional stressors. To manage FHS symptoms, it’s essential to provide your cat with environmental enrichment, feed them a balanced diet that is rich in essential nutrients, and consider natural treatments such as herbal remedies, massage, and supplements. If you suspect your cat may have FHS, it’s essential to seek veterinary care to rule out underlying medical conditions and develop a treatment plan that works for you and your cat.
Feline Hyperesthesia Kit
Is your cat itching & twitching?
The Feline Hyperesthesia Kit combines two all natural & powerful formulas that have proven to help kitties struggling with FHS. By simply adding these all-natural liquid formulas to your cat’s diet, you will be giving him/her the best tools needed for a longer, healthier and calmer life. This kit provides essential ingredients needed to address inflammation as well as the nutritional and environmental stressors that plague cats with FHS. Description below.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!