Calicivirus in Cats
Symptoms, Causes & Natural Remedies
Calicivirus is a highly contagious viral disease that affects cats. It is caused by the feline calicivirus (FCV) and is one of the most common respiratory infections in cats. Calicivirus in cats can cause a wide range of symptoms, from mild sneezing and coughing to severe respiratory distress and fever. In this guide, we will explore the symptoms, causes, and natural treatments for calicivirus in cats.
Symptoms of Calicivirus in Cats
The symptoms of calicivirus in cats can vary widely depending on the severity of the infection. Some cats may show no symptoms at all, while others may become severely ill. Common symptoms of calicivirus in cats include:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Loss of appetite
- Ulcers in the mouth and tongue
- Lameness and joint pain
In severe cases left untreated, cats can also develop pneumonia, which can be life-threatening. It is important to monitor your cat closely and seek veterinary care if you suspect they have calicivirus.
Causes of Calicivirus in Cats
Calicivirus in cats is caused by the feline calicivirus (FCV), which is a highly contagious virus that spreads through direct contact with infected cats or their secretions. The virus can also spread through the air, making it very easy for cats in close quarters, such as in a colony or shelter, to become infected.
The virus can survive on surfaces for several days, so it is important to clean and disinfect areas (with non-toxic cleaners) where an infected cat has been – to prevent spreading the virus. It is also important to note that some cats can carry the virus without showing symptoms, making it difficult to prevent the spread of the virus.
Natural Treatments for Calicivirus in Cats
A healthy immune system is always the best prevention of Calicivirus in cats. There are several natural treatments that can help alleviate the symptoms and support your cat’s immune system. Here are some natural treatments if you suspect that your cat has calicivirus:
- Supportive care: Provide your cat with plenty of water, species appropriate food, and a warm, comfortable place to rest.
- Humidifier: A humidifier can help ease respiratory symptoms by keeping the air moist.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can boost your cat’s immune system and speed recovery from calicivirus.
- Anti-viral supplements: Natural supplements that have anti-viral properties can help your cat quickly recover from a calicivirus outbreak.
- Echinacea: Echinacea is an herb that can help boost the immune system and fight infections.
- Probiotics: Probiotics can help support your cat’s digestive and immune systems. Adding high-quality probiotics into the food can also help speed recovery.
Calicivirus in cats is a common and highly contagious viral disease that can cause a wide range of symptoms. While there is no cure for calicivirus in cats, there are several natural treatments that can help alleviate the symptoms and support your cat’s immune system for quicker recovery. If you suspect your cat has calicivirus, make an appointment with your veterinarian for a proper diagnosis.
Recommended Product for Calicivirus
Vira-X Anti-Viral Cat Supplement
Vira-X provides powerful anti-viral support for cats of all ages. This formula is a super-potent proprietary blend that attacks viral infections at their source. Vira-X uses lysozymes, a natural protective enzyme, that breaks through the cell walls of pathogens and helps eliminate the invasive infection at its core!
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
- FeLV Positive Cats
- Cold and Flu Virus
- Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis (Herpesvirus)
- Feline Calicivirus
- Feline Panleukopenia Virus (Distemper)
- Chronic Upper Respiratory Infections
- And Much More!
In stock (can be backordered)
You Might Also Be Interested In ...
Scented candles are one of the biggest selling items during the holiday season. I used to save up...
Holiday season is approaching and this is the time of year where air freshener sales skyrocket. We...
Tis the season. Your kitty's suffering from some type of respiratory problem and you don't know...