Have you ever wondered how to utilize those turkey bones from your Thanksgiving dinner? Well, I’m going to show you how to use them for your cats!
Bone broth offers so many health benefits and our feline companions absolutely love it. Not only is it tasty for them, but it can help ease tummy troubles as well as support their joints. Many will use bone broth to help entice their cats to eat a new type of food.
It always feels like we’re wasting food when we dispose of the Thanksgiving turkey carcass, so this is a resourceful way to help you and your kitties!
How To Make Thanksgiving Bone Broth For Your Cats
- Remove the meat from the turkey bones (save it for leftover turkey sandwiches later or store in freezer)
- Rinse the turkey carcass to remove any spices or salt from the bones
- Place all bones (big and small) in a large pot on the stove
- Cover completely with water and add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Bring to a boil
- Remove the froth from the top of the water
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 24 hours (the house will smell like Thanksgiving for the whole day)
- Once the liquid is reduced by half, strain the broth and store the broth in the fridge or freeze for later
Once you’ve brought the broth to room temperature, it’s ready to be served purrfectly! This is a healthy way to be sure your kitties are included in the holiday festivities this year!